Saturday, March 5, 2011

My First Blog

 
I’ve never considered myself to be any type of writer, but I’ve been encouraged by several people to blog about my new venture. I’ve recently started a new business designing and building “tiny homes”, called Ozarks Tiny Cabins.

This feels like a very natural progression. I’m a licensed architect and LEED AP in Southwest Missouri. I’ve worked in the architecture field for close to fifteen years with several years of construction experience prior to that. So, combining these two passions seems like the next logical step.

I became aware of what some call the tiny home movement several years ago. I was intrigued by the idea, the beauty of simplicity, the reprioritizing of life. When you’re used to designing large custom homes, condos, and commercial buildings, transitioning to tiny home designs takes a change in thinking. It’s no longer about, “How many car garage?” “How many extra rooms?” “Would you like a walk-in shower and jacuzzi tub?” Now it’s about what’s really important to your life.

And so… I will be blogging about this new venture. I am excited about what the future has to hold.

1 comment: